Atik 383L+ Mono
A huge amount has been written about this CCD to justify its place in astronomers' hearts. We can sum it up succinctly by saying that it's a fabulous CCD, and is currently available at an irresistible price. We have built on the success of our highly-regarded Atik 314 platform to support Kodak's KAF-8300. This immediately offers a huge number of advantages, including the very low read-noise circuits and the reliability of using this established design.
The key to any high-quality camera is the ability to convert light collected by the sensor into digital information, while ensuring that as little noise as possible is added. The digital image needs to truly reflect the light collected. The Atik 383L+ achieves this, having:
- Very low read-noise, 7 electrons, on a par with many Sony sensors, enabling faint details to be detected.
- Great linearity, with a regression correlation coefficient of R = 0.9998 over the range 1,000 to 64,000, making the camera suitable for sensitive photometric measurements.
- The bias frame histogram from the camera shows the ideal Gaussian shape, indicating that maximum detail can be extracted on processing.
The Atik 383L+ is a dream combination of low-noise electronics and a scientific grade sensor that we are able to offer at a fantastic price. Whether you are an established imager, or are just starting, the Atik 383L+ is a great choice.
- Sensor Type: KAF-8300 17.6mm x 13.52m
- Horizontal Resolution: 3354 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 2529 pixels
- Pixel Size: 5.40µm x 5.40µm
- ADC: 16-bit
- Readout Noise: Typical 7e-
- Gain Factor: 0.41e-/ ADU
- Full Well: ~26,000 e-
- Dark Current: ~0.1 electrons/second at -10°
- Interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed
- Power: 12V DC
- Cooling: ∆T = -40˚C max
- Weight: 700g
- Exclusively available in Mono
What's included in the box?
- camera body with 2” adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
- Our highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
- A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.