Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Goto Reflector
Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Goto Reflector
The popularity of the NexStar range inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Goto Reflector. This telescope has 30% more light-gathering power than a 114mm telescope.
And the Celestron 130 SLT Goto Reflector, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the Celestron 130 SLT Goto Reflector can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes.
Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
Its also compatible with the Celestron Starsense Autoalign, for fully automatic got alignment, and also with Celestron Sky Portal Wifi Module, for operation of the telescope from a smartphone or tablet.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
The key advantages over similar looking telescopes:
- Compatible with Celestron’s StarSense AutoAlign for completely automatic set-up on the night sky
- Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for advanced PC control
- Compatible with Sky Portal Wifi Module
- Compatible with Skysync GPS module
- NEXSTAR + handset
- Internal battery compartment - no external corded battery pack
- SkyAlign - the simplest, fastest & most beginner friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
- Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories (GPS module, SkyQ WiFi link)
- PC control software INCLUDED (NSOL disc)
- Sky Maps CD-ROM INCLUDED (The Sky disc)
- User friendly StarPointer red-dot finderscope
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 130mm reflector
- Fully computerized altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 130 mm (5.12 in)
- Focal Length: 650 mm
- Focal Ratio: F/5
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26 x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 9 mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 72 x
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Tripod: Steel
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 19 x
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
Read an in-depth review of the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT by Ian Morison, Jodrell Bank Observatory