Celestron Advanced VX Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Advanced VX Mount General Features
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Telescope Type: Computerized (GOTO)
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Leg Diameter: 2"
Mount Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Mount Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Weight of Counterweights: 1 x 12 lbs
Power supply required, we recommend Celestron Powertank Lithium or Lithium Pro
No Polarscope supplied, this mount has Polar Alignment Software.