Skywatcher AZ Gti Mount inc Tripod
The exciting new lightweight and highly portable Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Alt-Azimuth Mount, with it's built-in WiFi module, has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android.
The AZ-GTi creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu. The AZ-GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing your telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects.
Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
The mount is quiet in operation, has a payload capacity of up to 5kg and accepts telescopes with standard 45mm Dovetail Bars.
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 10 arc-minute (RMS)
- Resolution: 2073600 Counts/Rev., 0.625 arc-second
- Resolution of Aux. R.A./Dec. Axis Encoders: 1068 Counts/Rev., approx. 20 arc-minutes
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor, Gear Ratio 6480
- Payload Capacity: 5kg
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Network Protocol: UDP, Port 11880
- 3/8" Screw Fittings (tripod/mount)
- Adjustable Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Mount Head Weight: 1.3kg
- Total Weight with Tripod: 3.9kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive.
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.