Skywatcher Explorer 130PS AZ-GTI
Skywatcher Explorer 130PS AZ-GTi
The highly portable Skywatcher Explorer 130PS AZ-GTi, has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The AZ-GTi mounting, with it's built-in WiFi module, creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The AZ-GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
With an extremely useful 130mm of light gathering aperture and a superb parabolic primary mirror, the Skywatcher Explorer 130PS AZ-GTi is a highly capable all-rounder for the observation of the Moon, bright planets, nebulae, galaxies and star clusters.
Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon.
SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x26 & x65
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x260
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 130mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 650mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- Red Dot Finder
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- AZ-GTi WiFi Go-To Alt-Azimuth Mount (3/8" screw thread)
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Object
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 10 arc-minute (RMS)
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking, DC Servo Motor, Gear Ratio 6480
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive.
- Height Range of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Total Overall Weight: 6.65kg
- 30% more Light Gathering than 114mm