Baader 2'' ClickLock Diagonal Mirror
ClickLock Mirror Diagonal (2inch)
- 2" ClickLock Diagonal Mirror
- Oversized 2 "dielectric lamda / 10 levels with 112mm optical length
- Mirror repels UV and IR radiation, provides high security at the solar observation in white light and with Ha-sun filters
- Scratch-resistant, hard-coated mirror surface for safe cleaning, scratch-resistant even in extreme conditions
- Baader 2" ClickLock clamp for ultrafast clamping action
- Removable 2" Safety Kerf nosepiece
Baader ClickLock system overview
The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Our various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
- Even a 20° turn with light pressure of the rotary lever is enough to hold all 2" accessories absolutely securely and firmly.
- Ratchet function – indicates the position of the clamp acoustically and haptically. So you can know if the clamp is open or closed in the dark and without looking.
- Massive tension ring – keeps even the most expensive accessories absolutely safe, without causing scratches and bruises
- The position of the rotary lever is adjustable for left-hand / right-hand use either by six camera slotted screws or by six Allen screws with a hexagonal wrench (depending on the model)
- The heaviest tested load to date is a complete C14 with an SCL-clamp and a 2" Click Lock star diagonal with a Scopos 30mm extreme eyepiece. The C14 has been lifted on the eyepiece. We emphasize that this test setup is not recommended for imitation!
- The extensive range of ClickLock clamps makes it possible to retrofit the Baader 2" ClickLock clamp on many telescopes
Read a review by Mike Swanson here