Deep Sky Companion The Messier Objects
Written by Stephen James O'Meara, 422 pages, Paperback
The bright galaxies, star clusters, and nebulae catalogued in the late 1700s by the famous comet hunter Charles Messier are still the most widely observed celestial wonders in the sky. The second edition of Stephen James O'Meara's acclaimed observing guide to the Messier Objects features improved star charts for helping you find the objects, a much more robust telling of the history behind their discovery - including a glimpse into Messier's fascinating life - and updated astrophysical facts to put it all into context. These additions, along with new photos taken with the most advanced amateur telescopes, bring O'Meara's first edition more than a decade into the twenty-first century. Expand your universe and test your viewing skills with this truly modern Messier guide. It is a must for all budding night watchers.
- The Messier Objects are visible using small telescopes and ordinary binoculars, and have been favorite objects for beginners of all ages
- This second edition contains the most up-to-date astrophysical information on these nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies
- Features unique star charts and drawings of all the objects as seen by a world-renowned visual observer, accompanied by stunning amateur astrophotos from AAVSO President Mario Motta
- Date Published: 2nd Edition, June 2014
- Format: Hardback
- ISBN: 9781107018372
- Length: 422 pages
- Dimensions: 261 x 184 x 24 mm
- Weight: 1.04kg
- contains: 254 b/w illus.