Skywatcher 200PDS HEQ5 PRO Goto
OPTIMISED FOR PRIME FOCUS ASTRO-PHOTOGRAPHY
The new Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200PDS Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror-set as the Explorer-200P Black Diamond Series, but with two significant advantages.
A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision.
Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography.
Even better performance for astro-photography and visual use can be achieved when used in combination with Sky-Watcher’s Newtonian coma corrector (SW20233).
*Note: the Explorer-200PDS has a larger 58mm secondary mirror, for enhanced field illumination, compared to the Explorer-200P which has a 52mm secondary.
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x36
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied 28mm LET (2"/50.8mm)
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- HEQ5 PRO Go-To Equatorial Mount with 1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod
- 42,900+ Object SynScan Computer Database
- 77% more Light-Gathering than 150mm
HEQ5 PRO SynScan Mount -
For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the HEQ5 PRO SynScantm is your answer. The Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO SynScantm is designed with the novice user in mind. With the user-friendly pushbutton hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park.
The hand control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,000+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
The HEQ5 PRO SynScantm also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Power Supply Required - not supplied
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
"The Three-star alignment accurately corrects for cone error and subsequent GO-TO accuracy was impressive."
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
"I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively"
Astronomy Now Magazine
Please note - Power Supply Required - not supplied