The AZ-EQ6 is the ultimate multi-role mount, blending the popularity of an EQ mount with the convenience of an Alt-Az mount. With its heavy duty 44-pound payload capacity, the AZ-EQ6 can handle a large variety of optical systems for both imaging and visual applications. In EQ mode the mount can be used for long exposure, deep sky imaging, while in Alt-Az mode it can be used for visual with one or even two telescopes with the addition of the secondary mounting saddle (included with the mount).
To provide the best performance the AZ-EQ6 features ultra-quiet stepper motors and belt drives on both the RA and Dec axes. Belt drive reduces the number of gears used in the drive system which in turn reduces backlash. This allows the mount to track and guide with amazing precision.
For those looking for the ultimate visual, tracking mount the AZ-EQ6 features Sky-Watcher's Freedom Find™ encoder system. These encoders are separate from the mount's GoTo system and allow you to disengage the clutches and manually move the mount around the sky without losing your initial alignment.
The AZ-EQ6 can mount two separate optical systems. By mounting the included secondary mounting saddle to the end of the counterweight bar the AZ-EQ6 can be used in “dual-OTA mode”. The benefits of using two telescopes on the same target at the same time is useful when comparing or imaging with two different fields of view (narrow vs. wide). It’s also perfect for solar observation when using two different types of filters for safe observation of the Sun. Most importantly, dual-OTA mode is ideal for astronomy outreach and education to double the number of eyes at the scope and halve the wait time keeping rambunctious kids and frazzled parents engaged and excited about the cosmos.
PC Direct Connect
For an improved and simplified connection, the AZ-EQ6 features a built-in USB-B port on its side panel. This allows for easy connection to a PC computer and control through our Sky-Watcher SynScan Pro application available for PC.
42,000+ Object Database
Using our proprietary SynScan hand controller, the AZ-EQ6 Pro provides a user-friendly interface with automatic slewing to over 42,000+ objects in the night sky. For the astrophotographers looking to reduce periodic error, the SynScan hand controller has built-in PEC training that can be configured while in the field!
Flexible Polar Alignment
Sky-Watcher includes an illuminated polar finderscope to aid the polar alignment process. The finderscope features a circular grid reticle for the Northern Hemisphere, consistent with today’s popular polar alignment apps. For astronomers in the Southern Hemisphere, the constellation Octans is built into the reticle as well. Even without a clear view of Polaris, the AZ-EQ6 Pro can be polar aligned using our SynScan hand controller. Simply choose one of the visible stars listed and use the latitude adjustment screws to center it in the eyepiece.
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6GT.....a new legend is born!!
- Payload Capacity: 25kg (EQ and AZ modes)
- Tracking Accuracy: 0.1436 arc second
- Go-To Capability: EQ and AZ modes
- Synscan Handset Database: over 42,900 celestial objects
- Tracking Speed: sidereal, solar & lunar rates
- Tracking Mode: EQ or AZ, dual or single axis
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Autoguider Port : Yes
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port : Yes
- Motor Type: DC12V stepper motors
- Patented Dual-Encoder design allows manual movement without losing positional information
- Polar alignment: via software control or supplied polar scope
- Alignment methods: 1, 2 or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Tripod: 2” Stainless Steel
- Counterweights supplied: 2 x 5kg
- Counterweight Bar: 25mm Diameter
- Mount Body Weight: 15.4kg, Tripod Weight: 7.5kg
- Power requirement: 12V DC 3A (Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank recommended)
- Power Supply Required - not supplied