Skywatcher Evolux 82ED Refractor
Building on the foundation of the popular Evostar line of doublet ED refractors, Sky-Watcher has developed the all-new Evolux ED series.
Designed for the discerning astrophotographer looking for a lightweight scope that still packs a punch. Naturally, Evolux ED models offer excellent performance for visual use too. Evolux ED models have key upgrades in the optics and the mechanics, making them the perfect fit for a widefield grab-and-go setup.
Evolux ED apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The doublet lens assembly utilises a proprietary combination of optically matched lenses, including one ED lens element, that delivers sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies, whilst virtually eliminating false colour.
All lens elements feature Sky-Watcher's proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™) which are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class, optimising light throughput to up to 99.5%! The Evolux-82ED comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with a 2.4-inch 11:1 dual-speed rack-and-pinion focuser, 45mm dovetail bar, clamshell ring, and adjustable dew shield.
An optional 0.9x two-element focal reducer/field flattener, which includes one ED lens element and adaptor/field rotator, is available separately, which when combined makes the Evolux-82ED into a four-lens optical system comprising two ED elements!
- Optical Design: ED Doublet Refractor, Air Spaced, Fully Multi Coated
- Lens Diamater: 82mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 530mm, f/6.45 (477mm F5.8 with optional reducer)
- Dual-Speed 2.4” Rack & Pinion Focuser with Indexed Drawtube
- 2" Visual Adapter with Compression Ring
- Clamshell with 45mm Dovetail Mounting Bar
- Supplied with 2 fitted Finderscope Shoes
- Aluminium Foam Lined Carry Case
- Ota Weight with supplied Accessories 2.92kg
- Tube Length: Retracted 425mm, Extended 580mm
** Not supplied with any Eyepieces/Finderscope or Diagonal