Skywatcher Quattro-10S Imaging Newtonian
254mm f/4 Dual-Speed Parabolic Imaging Newtonians - The new QUATTRO series with their fast f/4 focal ratios, have been specially designed for high quality astrophotography with short exposure times. They are of course also fine telescopes for visual observations.
Tube interiors have knife-edge ray traced baffles.
This model is the QUATTRO-10S with Steel Tube
2" DUAL-SPEED LINEAR POWER FOCUSER: The new linear power focuser utilises 4 precision ball bearings to support the drawtube and provide great stability and zero image shift while supporting a heavy eyepiece or camera. Moving the drawtubeby the roller rather than a rack and pinion ensures exceptionally smooth operation, great feel and precise adjustability. The dual-speed feature has a second focus knob that has a 10:1 speed reduction to provide the super-fine adjustments even the most demanding users can appreciate.
PYREX MIRRORS: Both models feature paraboloidal primary mirrors made of low thermal expansion Pyrex glass resulting in substantially shorter cooling-down times.
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x508
- Diameter of Primary Mirror 254mm
- Telescope Focal Length 1000mm (f/4)
- Note: Eyepieces NOT supplied
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror (Pyrex)
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Linear Power Focuser
- Tube Rings and Dovetail Bar
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 56% more Light-Gathering than 200mm
Note: Fast Newtonians require precise collimation and a Coma Corrector in order to be used to their full potential.
See the Skywatcher F/4 Aplanatic Super Coma Corrector below