Baader ClickLock 2'' CL SC Clamp
Baader ClickLock 2" CL SC Clamp
- Baader 2" ClickLock SC (2") clamp, for Celestron 5" SC, 6" SC/HD, 8" SC/HD, 9¼" SC and many other SC-telescopes. Fixed height. 47mm, weight: 164g
- A small rotation by 20° with gentle fingertip pressure to the knurled lever is enough to securely clamp every 2" accessory.
- Ratchet function – features acoustic and haptic display of the clamp-position. This way you can hear and feel in darkness without looking if the clamp is opened or closed.
- Compression tension-ring of thick-walled hard bronze, keeps its shape even after many years of use and holds expensive accessories securely - without causing scratches or pressure points on your accessories.
Baader ClickLock system overview
The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Our various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
- Even a 20° turn with light pressure of the rotary lever is enough to hold all 2" accessories absolutely securely and firmly.
- Ratchet function – indicates the position of the clamp acoustically and haptically. So you can know if the clamp is open or closed in the dark and without looking.
- Massive tension ring – keeps even the most expensive accessories absolutely safe, without causing scratches and bruises
- The position of the rotary lever is adjustable for left-hand / right-hand use either by six camera slotted screws or by six Allen screws with a hexagonal wrench (depending on the model)
- The heaviest tested load to date is a complete C14 with an SCL-clamp and a 2" Click Lock star diagonal with a Scopos 30mm extreme eyepiece. The C14 has been lifted on the eyepiece. We emphasize that this test setup is not recommended for imitation!
- The extensive range of ClickLock clamps makes it possible to retrofit the Baader 2" ClickLock clamp on many telescopes